- This event has passed.
2020 Literary Festival
Join us for the 2020 LitFest as we explore “Dante’s Inferno” through a premiere stage performance adapted by Director of Theatre Mark Mannette, panel discussions, readings of original works and more! The following is the 2020 LitFest schedule:
Friday, March 5
- 7 p.m. — Premiere of “Dante’s Inferno”; Performance Hall inside De Mattias Fine Arts Center.
- 10 p.m. — “Dante’s Inferno” production discussion; Performance Hall immediately following the performance.
Saturday, March 6
Coffee & snacks served throughout the day. All activities located in the Jabara Flexible Theatre inside De Mattias Fine Arts Center unless otherwise specified.
- All Day — View Dante-inspired artwork along the first-floor hallway of De Mattias Hall.
- 9:30-11 a.m. — Memorias, Familia, Viajes / Memories, Family, Journeys; Students Mariah Gad, Cladius Ciecko and Dania Jump will present their original works.
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. — Open Mic; Open to all. Prizes for the top three performances.
- 12-1 p.m. — Keynote; Newman Director of Theatre Mark Mannette.
- 1-2 p.m. — Poetry reading; Newman Professor of English Bryan Dietrich will read from his newest collection of poetry, “The Demeter Diaries,” a book that reimagines the story of Dracula as a love story.
- 2-3 p.m. — Panel discussion; “Dante and British Literature: From Chaucer to Eliot.”
- 3-4 p.m. — Panel discussion; “Theology and Dante Alighieri’s Inferno.”
- 4-5:30 p.m. — Dinner break; *note: Mabee Dining Center is open for dinner from 5-6:30 p.m.
- 5-7 p.m. — Steckline Gallery First Friday exhibit; “Feral Fields” by artist Rachel Foster.
- 7 p.m. — “Dante’s Inferno” stage production located in Performance Hall.
- 10 p.m. — Social gathering featuring snacks, a chocolate fountain and games.
- March 6
- Event Category: