The virtual event will happen through Facebook Live on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020, and will raise money for the Newman Fund.
Contestants will be Newman University professors or coaches and the questions will be similar to those asked on the television show but with a Newman twist.
Director of Alumni and Campus Events Laura Hartley organized the event and is excited for the community to get involved.
Donations will be given online starting Nov. 16. Donations are to be “given” to specific players to aid in their quest to win the game.
“The more donations a person gets, the more silly things they will have to do while they are playing, like talk in a British accent or wear a fun hat,” she said. More donations also means that they receive more help with questions.
“We are hoping that former students of the professors will get a kick out of donating to both help them get to a ‘million’ dollars but also seeing their former coach or professor do something silly,” said Hartley.
If any contestant gets to a “million” and answers correctly, sponsors are prepared to donate a certain amount to the Newman fund accordingly.
- After raising $50, the contestant gets their first lifeline.
- After raising $100, the contestant gets their second lifeline.
- After raising $150, the contestant gets their third lifeline.
- After raising $200, the contestant has to pick their first challenge.
- After raising $300, the contestant has to pick their second challenge.
- After raising $400, the contestant has to pick their third challenge.
- After raising $500, the contestant has to pick their fourth challenge.