More than 1,250 people have signed up for this year’s Wichita Gladiator Dash. The event will begin at 11 a.m., June 6 at Sedgwick County Park. Although the turnout is already massive, slots are still open for the 6th wave, which will begin at 2:30 p.m. Registration will be available online through June 5, or in person at the event. Register for this event.
The Wichita Gladiator Dash is a competitive 5k race in which runners not only have to trek a three-mile course, but also encounter a variety of challenging obstacles. Participants will attempt to run on land and through water while being confronted by more than 10 obstacles.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County – Wichita and Newman University Athletics. The cost to participate is $59 per participant. For more information go to www.wichitagladiatordash.com, or contact Mo Rohleder at 316-942-4291, ext. 2118.
Here are a few tips to survive the Gladiator Dash:
- Wear OLD shoes and clothes – you’ll be getting dirty
- Bring CLEAN dry clothes to change into. A free storage area for valuables will be available onsite.
- If any obstacles are just too hard or too scary, participants may walk around the obstacle, although they won’t be qualified for a time award.
- Buy a $20 VIP band for unlimited food and drink in the VIP tent. Costs without a VIP band are $3 per beer and $2 per hot dog (All participants will receive one 1 free food/drink ticket.).
- Stick around to enjoy the music, fellowship, and refreshments, which will be available about an hour after the final wave.
Don’t forget: There will be an award for the best COSTUMED runner!