Each spring during Heritage Month, members of the Newman community gather to celebrate the power of faith and prayer with the Annual Interfaith Prayer Breakfast.
Persons of all faith are welcome to attend this year’s Prayer Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 10 in the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center, complete with a complimentary breakfast, song, prayer and personal reflections.
Your RSVP is requested by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8. Please click here to RSVP for this year’s Interfaith Prayer Breakfast.
Interfaith Prayer Breakfast Lineup
- Breakfast is served
- Welcome by Jose Morales
- “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord” sung by the Troubadours, directed by Deanne Zogleman
- Opening Prayer with Christy Hawks, Associate Admissions Director for Graduate Programs
- Reading from the Koran by international student Ali Mounir
- Personal reflection by student Felisa Sajulga
- Reading from Sacred Scripture by Sister Patty Owens, ASC
- A personal reflection about the Camino de Santiago with Sarah Evans, professor of biology
- Prayers of the Newman community by Yelando Johnson, associate professor of social work
- Personal reflection by men’s soccer coach Cliff Brown
- Thank you from Jose Morales
- Closing prayer with campus chaplain, Father Adam Grelinger
- Final song “I Sing Because I’m Happy” with the Toubadours