One of the most popular fundraisers at Newman University will be here soon. This year’s Party on the Plaza is set for Saturday, Sept. 24 from 4:30 to 9 p.m. on Founders Plaza on the Newman University campus. Each year, Newman holds this entertaining and festive fundraiser to generate funds for student scholarships. Don’t miss it!
Following a 4:30 p.m. Mass in St. John’s Chapel (for those who wish to attend), the event will kick off with a ceremonial tapping of the keg with Wichita Mayor Jeff Longwell and Newman President Noreen M. Carrocci, Ph.D. on Founders Plaza. The evening will continue with food selections from Germany, drinks, live music, and silent and live auctions.
The live auction will be led by auctioneer Charlie Moon. Some of the many items featured during the live auction will be:
- An evening with Bishop Carl J. Kemme — Enjoy an evening meal and conversation with the Most Rev. Carl Kemme, bishop of the Diocese of Wichita, in the ambience of his home.
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the Sedgwick County Zoo — Take a 2 1/2 hour tour for eight with Director Mark Reed to see and learn things only the tour will provide.
- A Romantic Useppa Island Trip — Ride with Captain Larry and First Mate Carla on their 55′ yacht and stay two nights on the private Useppa Island.
- Rock your child/grandchild to dreamland — A unique, wood crafted rocking horse with special features sure to appeal to any child, parent, or grandparent.
- An Oasis in the Desert — Treat your family/guests to a one-week stay in the Phoenix area in a striking home that sleeps 8-10.
This year, there will also be two raffle items — a $500 Gift Card to Johnston’s Clothiers and a beautiful king-sized, hand-made quilt. Raffle tickets are $20 each or six for $100 and can be purchased at the event.
Schedule of Events:
4:30 p.m. – Mass, St. John’s Chapel (optional)
5:30 p.m. – Tapping of the Keg, social hour, silent auction
6:30 p.m. – Authentic German dinner buffet
7:30 p.m. – Live Auction