On Monday April 3, Newman Jets are cleared for takeoff for the 2017 Joyful Jet Day.
Joyful Jet Day celebrates donors — alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of the university — who generously give to Newman University, making it stronger with every gift.
Joyful Jet Day is important to raise awareness among our students that their tuition only covers a percentage of what it actually costs to educate them for one year. This day symbolically marks the point in the year when students’ tuition stops paying for their education and the financial support from other means begins. Additionally, Newman University celebrates the thousands of donors who are making an investment in the lives of our students.
Below is the schedule for the upcoming Joyful Jet Day events:
9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Photo booths! What better way is there to capture your college experience than an old school cool photo booth? One photo booth will be located inside the Sacred Heart Hall entrance and the other will be located inside the Student Center in the Dugan Library.
- Thank you cards! Students will sign personalized thank you cards inside the Student Center and outside the entrance of Sacred Heart Hall to show appreciation for providing scholarships and other financial support.
- Snacks and treats! We can’t let our students be deprived of sugar on this special day, now can we?
11:30 a.m. – Noon
- Donor Runway! Jets – prepare for takeoff. A donor runway will be on display from the east parking lot to the entrance that leads into the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center where a special donor welcome celebration will take place.
Noon – 1 p.m.
- Scholarship Luncheon – Scholarship recipients are invited to have lunch with fellow alumni at the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center.
1 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Social – Newman University students meet up with alumni for casual conversation following the luncheon at the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center.
1 p.m – 2 p.m.
- The Sloppy Joe Improve Troupe will perform in the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center.