Time is running out to get tickets for the “Party on the Ponderosa.” The event, the finale of Newman University’s 75th Anniversary, will raise funds for Newman student scholarships. It will be from 5-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, 2009, at the Larry and Carla Stovall Steckline Ranch in Garden Plain, Kan.
Among the many activities at the party are a silent and live auction. A few of the items for sale are:
- Trip for two to Rome, Italy
Travel with Bishop Michael O. Jackels on his third Pilgrimage to Rome on Oct. 31 through Nov. 8, 2009. The trip will include guided sightseeing, deluxe motor coach ground transportation, a private tour of the Pilgrimage to Rome, and side trips to Assisi and Orvieto (the site of a Eucharistic Miracle) with escorts throughout. Travel will include round trip economy class airfare, first class hotel accommodations, breakfast each day and several other meals. A valid passport is required. This package is valued at $6,000 and was donated by The Catholic Diocese of Wichita.
- Colorado Cattle Company experience; life on a real cattle ranch
Become a cowboy in a true western ranch adventure for a week with a friend. Experienced cowboys will help you gather and drive cattle, brand calves and mend fences. American quarter horses are available for you to ride as you explore the 500-acre ranch and help care for 500 head of cattle. A pool, sauna, comfortable modernized rooms and meals are included. This package is valued at $4,000 and was donated by Colorado Cattle Company.
- And much more – See a list of auction items here.
The party will also feature:
- A drawing to win a newly redesigned 2009 Chevy Aveo5 from Joe Self Chevrolet – Cadillac, Inc.
- A western steak dinner, grilled chops and refreshments
- Games including Prairie Golf and a shooting gallery
- ‘Cowpoke Caricature’ portraits
- Strolling entertainers in period costumes including “Buffalo Bill Cody,” the Dixie Lee Dance Troupe, fiddlers Chelley Graves and Sarah Baxter, and the Prairie Fire Quartet
- Cowboy poet and western singer Dave Zerf
- Gunfight re-enactments by Bigger Than Life Productions and Newman University staff
- The Bucky Fowler Band
- And much more
Newman students, Senior Administrative Assistant to the Provost Debbie Edens, the Cowtown Museum, and Buffalo Bob and the Cowtown Cowboys recently teamed up to make a video promoting Newman’s final Party on the Ponderosa.
Admission is $100 per person and everyone has the opportunity to win the vehicle from Joe Self Chevrolet – Cadillac, Inc. Visit The Party on the Ponderosa online to reserve your tickets today, or call the Newman University Advancement Office at (316) 942-4291, ext. 2228.