Newman University and the Wichita Business Journal have partnered again to recognize the 2009 Yearbook Honorees in business for the Wichita metro area. These 12 people have been selected by the Journal for making a significant impact in the Wichita business community over the past year. A come and go reception will be offered from 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 3, with a short recognition ceremony taking place from 6 to 6:30 p.m. The event will be held at the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center in the Dugan Library and Campus Center at Newman University. The event is free and open to the public to stop by and congratulate the 2009 honorees.
Newman congratulates these outstanding business leaders and is especially proud of Tom Dondlinger, a Newman grad.
2009 Yearbook Honorees
- Tom Dondlinger, president, Dondlinger & Sons Inc. Construction
- Jeff Fluhr, president, Wichita Downtown Development Corporation
- Joseph Galichia, founder, Galichia Medical Group PA
- Ron Holt, assistant Sedgwick County manager
- Mark Hutton, president, Hutton Construction
- Kim Janzen, president, CEO, Kansas Humane Society
- Phil Ruffin, Wichita entrepreneur, owner, Treasure Island Hotel and Casino
- Bill Simon, president, Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers
- Don Slawson, president, CEO, Slawson Commercial Properties
- Beth Tully, founder and owner, Cocoa Dolce Artisan Chocolates
- Jeff Turner, president, CEO, Spirit AeroSystems Inc.
- Nestor Weigand, chairman, J.P. Weigand & Sons Inc.