Several faculty and staff members who have left or will soon be leaving Newman University were recognized for their service at the university-wide Community Meeting May 19 in the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center. The departing faculty and staff members included:
* Instructor of Social Work and Field Coordinator Stephanie Gangemi, M.S.W., Colorado Springs, Colo.
* Instructor of Radiologic Technology Debra Gowing, B.S.R.T.
* Director of the Radiologic Technology Program and Assistant Professor of Radiologic Technology Kathy Hammond, M.S.Ed.
* Professor of Education Don Hufford, Ph.D. Hufford retired after 23 years at Newman. Read about Hufford’s career and see videos of his colleagues speaking about him here.
* Director of Transfer Student Orientation and Retention and Institutional Research JoAnn Mark, ASC, Ed.D. She is now executive director of Partnership for Global Justice in New York City.
* Visiting Associate Professor of Psychology Jay Nolan, Ph.D.
* Director of Security Richard “Ollie” Oliverson. He retired after 14 1/2 years at Newman. Read more about Ollie here.
* Assistant Professor of Art and Graphic Design Pamela Pancake, M.F.A.
* Manager of Telecommunications Linda Unrein. Unrein spent more than 32 years at Newman.
Other faculty members who are leaving Newman are listed below. They were profiled in the May 14, 2015 issue of Up to the Minute. Read about them here.
* Visiting Assistant Professor of Physics Richard Barrans, Ph.D., M.Ed.
* Instructor of Education and Coordinator of ESOL Karen Boettcher, M.S.Ed. Boettcher will be the K-8 principal at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Wichita.
* Director of the Southeast Education Center and Associate Professor of Education Guy Glidden, Ph.D. When he retires in August 2015, Glidden will have spent 53 years in education, including the past 15 years at Newman.
* Assistant Professor of Biology Casey McNeil, Ph.D. McNeil is entering the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
* Instructor of Education Carolyn Muehring, M.E. Muehring is retiring after a 51-year career in education. She worked close to 11 years at Newman.
* Professor of Education and Coordinator of the Evie Hufford Education Lab Karen Rogers, Ed.D. Rogers is retiring after almost 15 years at Newman.
Also honored at the meeting was Food Service Manager for Great Western Dining Lou Murdick. While Murdick is not a Newman employee, he has spent many years managing the Mabee Dining Center and providing catering for Newman events. He will retire this fall.