Newman students, Senior Administrative Assistant to the Provost Debbie Edens, the Cowtown Museum, and Buffalo Bob and the Cowtown Cowboys joined up to make a video promoting Newman’s final Party on the Ponderosa.
The fundraising event for Newman student scholarships concludes Newman’s year-long 75th Anniversary celebration and is a reprise of an annual party that was last held in 2000, when more than 400 people gathered to raise more than $100,000 to benefit Newman students. The event will be held from 5-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, 2009, on the Larry and Carla Stovall Steckline Ranch in Garden Plain, Kan.
The event will feature:
- A drawing to win a vehicle
- A western steak dinner, grilled chops and refreshments
- Games including Prairie Golf and a shooting gallery
- ‘Cowpoke Caricature’ portraits
- Strolling entertainers in period costumes including “Buffalo Bill Cody,” the Dixie Lee Dance Troupe and fiddlers Chelley Graves and Sarah Baxter
- Cowboy poet and western singer Dave Zerf
- Gunfight re-enactments by Bigger Than Life Productions and Newman University staff, faculty and the Troubadours vocal ensemble
- The Bucky Fowler Band
- A live and a silent auction
- And much more
Admission is $100 per person and everyone has the opportunity to win a vehicle from Joe Self Chevrolet – Cadillac, Inc. Visit The Party on the Ponderosa online to reserve your tickets today, or call the Newman University Advancement Office at (316) 942-4291, ext. 2228.