The Newman University Fall Job and Internship Fair will take place from 3:30-6 p.m., Oct. 11, in the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center.
The job fair will feature 22 employees looking to hire or offer summer internships. This event gives students the opportunity to improve networking and communication skills and will provide the chance to begin developing relationships for future job opportunities.
In addition, the fair will inform students about each organization, the benefits of networking, how to dress for success, build confidence and improve skills that will enable students to land an internship or a job.
The following is a list of businesses that will be available for students at the job fair:
- Anthony Medical Center
- Central Kansas Foundation
- CEP America
- Credit Union of America
- Department for Children and Family
- Digital Office Systems
- Emprise Bank
- Farmers Insurance Group District 20
- Federated Mutual Insurance
- Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- IMA Financial Group
- Kansas DUI Impact Center
- KNOXX – Opportunity is Knocking
- Koch Industries
- Legend Senior Living
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Phillips County Health Systems
- Prairie View, Inc.
- Primerica, Inc.
- Sedgwick County
- The City of Wichita
- Wichita Police Department
- Woodbridge Home Exteriors
For more information, contact Director of Career Services and Cooperative Education Melody Head at 316-942-4291, ext. 2234.