The Party on the Plaza has been held each year since 2010 and has rapidly grown in popularity to become the top fundraising event for Newman – annually generating approximately $125,000 for student scholarships.
The event will feature a ceremonial tapping of the first keg by Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer and Newman President Noreen M. Carrocci, Ph.D. The festivities also include authentic German food and drink, and a live and silent auction.
“The Party on the Plaza just gets better each year,” Carrocci said. “It’s always a very fun evening with great cuisine, a friendly, festival-like atmosphere, and exciting auctions – all to benefit Newman student scholarships.”
The live and silent auctions will feature such items as:
- Limo ride, dinner and tickets for eight to the Nov. 3 Cher concert
- Dinner for eight with the Most Rev. Carl Kemme, Bishop of the Diocese of Wichita
- Four field box seats at a St. Louis Cardinals game, including free parking and two nights with breakfast at the St. Louis Airport Marriott Hotel
- Dinner and tickets for four to the Oct. 17 Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Toronto Raptors NBA Basketball game in Intrust Bank Arena.
- Fine dining in seven of Wichita’s finest restaurants, including Chester’s Chophouse, Taste and See, Hangar One, AVI Seabar & Chophouse, and more
- A year’s worth of fine chocolate from Cocoa Dolce
- A round of golf for four at the Bighorn in Palm Desert, Calif., plus tickets for four to two San Diego Padres games and a $500 gift card
- Woodcrafted cedar bench by Tom Welk, CPPS, made from what was the oldest tree on the Newman University campus
- BBQ XTR3 grill, hand-made quilt and many more items
All proceeds will benefit student scholarships.
Schedule of Events
4:30 p.m. – Mass, St. John’s Chapel (optional)
5 p.m. – Festivities begin, House of Schwan Beer Garden opens, Appetizers served,
Silent Auction opens
6:30 p.m. – Dinner Buffet opens
7:30 p.m. – Live Auction
Tickets and Reservations
Reservations are required. Tickets are:
$100 per person, $65 of which is tax-deductible.
$1,000 for a table of eight, $720 of which is tax-deductible. Includes table host name or company listed in the program and on a table sign, Newman University party favor, and acknowledgment on the Party on the Plaza event webpage as a sponsor.
Participants may also make a donation for a $100 Golden Ticket. Only 100 tickets will be available. One lucky winner will be announced at the start of the Live Auction. The person whose ticket is selected will have a choice of any one of the live auction packages and must select their auction item at that time. Make a donation for a Golden Ticket while making a reservation, or the night of the event.