This summer, Newman University is offering 20 affordable workshops for teachers who are looking to earn their Continuing Education credits for re-licensure.
Registration is open as of April 3, 2017.
The 2017 summer workshop offerings include:
- Resume Writing
- Rock your Brick and Mortar Classroom with Digital Media
- The Mindful Teacher: Living Your Best You
- Brushing Up on Your Coaching Skills
- Servant Leadership Applications
- Managing Classroom Behavior (Tier 1)
- Improving Student Engagement in a Growth Mindset Classroom
- Build an S-E-L Classroom
- Leadership Coaching Applications III
- Assessments and Test Anxiety
- Teaching Democracy and Citizenship in the Informational Age
- Extending Learning Opportunities in Reading Using Social Studies and Science
- Structure for Success in the Classroom- Fewer Classroom Disruptions
- STEAM Interactive Science Simulations
- Maximizing Learning through Student Involvement
- What Causes Misbehaviors in the Classroom: A Problem Solving Approach
- Individualized Behavior Interventions (Tier 2)
- Build a Healthy S-E-L Elementary Classroom
- Targeted Behavioral Interventions (Tier 2)
- Increasing Student Engagement through Higher Order Questioning
To view the full schedule for the 2017 summer workshop offerings, click here.
Registration deadline for each class is ONE WEEK PRIOR to workshop start. Interested parties can print and mail the registration form with a credit card number or a check, or fill out the form and scan and email it to School of Education Administrative Assistant Cindy Corn at email@example.com. To call in credit card information, call Corn at 316-942-4291, ext. 2415.
Dropping a Class: A workshop may be dropped with 100 percent refund up to one week prior to course start. No refunds will be issued after that date. For those who believe they have an extenuating circumstance that is beyond their control, please contact Director of Graduate Program Gina Marx at firstname.lastname@example.org for an Exception to the Policy request form. If the exception request is approved, a refund will be issued.
Course Cancellation: In rare circumstances, due to low enrollment, a course may be canceled one week prior to start. Those who signed up for the course will be notified if their workshop is canceled, and will receive a full refund, or may transfer their enrollment to a different course.
Address or Name Change: Contact Corn at 316-942-4291, ext. 2415 with any changes between workshop(s) and when it's time to order a transcript.
Ordering a Transcript: To order a Newman University official transcript click here to go directly to the transcript request page.