Dust off your best business attire and sharpen your resume with a razor blade. It’s time to prepare for the first chapter of your professional career. Newman University will host its annual Career Fair on Thursday, April 6, from 3:30 to 6 p.m. at the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center inside the Dugan Library.
While there are countless reasons why you should attend this year’s career fair, we’ve taken the liberty to compile a top five list of reasons to attend.
- Businesses hire Jets – Over 60 employers will be present during the career fair to hire Newman Jets. Where else would they find the best and brightest?
- Online video resumes – What do you mean you don’t have an online video resume? Representatives of Knoxx, a video resume platform, will be present and willing to help you get started with your free online video resume that will be sure to help you rise above other applicants.
- Discover job opportunities – Many applicants miss out on job opportunities because they only search for jobs they are aware of. By attending the career fair, you will likely discover jobs that are in line with your interests, skills, and educational background.
- Graduate education opportunities – So you’ve just about completed your undergraduate degree but you’ve set your sights on achieving even higher achievements? Graduates schools of both Newman University and Friends University will be present to answer any questions you may have.
- Learn how to talk – Talking to potential employers takes practice. The more opportunities you take to speak to employers, the more natural and hirable you will become.
Planning on attending the career fair? Learn how to prepare for a career fair here.
For more information about the upcoming career fair, contact email@example.com.