Newman University will host its third annual Giving Day on Tuesday, March 1.
For 24 hours, generations of Newman Jets will come together in celebration and support of the university by giving back to the area of campus that matters most to them.
On top of exciting Giving Day challenges, the ASC Sisters have generously offered a matching gift to inspire others to join them on Giving Day. $15,000 in matching gifts are waiting to be unlocked!
The gift that gives back
When you take on one of Newman’s Giving Day challenges, not only does your impact immediately support our students, you could also walk away with a prize or have a donation added to the fund of your choice.
- Deck it out against other decades of alumni. Every alumni from the decade that donates the most during Giving Day will be entered into a drawing. At 9 p.m. March 1, the winner will be announced and an additional $250 donation will be added to the fund they donated to.
- Young alumni challenge. Any alumni who graduated between 2015 and 2022 will be entered into a drawing to win two free tickets to Party on the Plaza and an extra $250 will be donated into the fund they donated to.
- Gift Basket from School of Nursing and Allied Health. For every $10 or more that is donated to the School of Nursing and Allied Health, your name will be entered into a drawing for a wine gift basket. The winner will be announced at 9 p.m. March 1.
- Up and at ‘em challenge. The first person who donates will get an extra $250 donated into the fund of their choice.
- Photo finish challenge. The last person who donates will get an extra $250 donated into the fund of their choice.
- Campus Ministry’s St. Newman challenge. If Campus Ministry raises $1,000 on Giving Day, Chaplain Father Adam Grelinger will make an appearance on campus as St. John Henry Newman — complete with proper attire and “old man” makeup!
- Student Balloon Raffle. Students who donate $5 or more get to pop a balloon for prizes including Newman swag, coupons for free Chick-fil-a sandwiches, or one lucky winner will go home with a grand mystery prize.
- Athletic Alumni Challenge. The athletic team with the most alumni who give to any area of campus receives an extra $250!
- Student Affairs Challenge. If Student Affairs reaches a goal of $1000, their staff will do a TikTok dance.
Ways to give
There are many ways to show your support during Giving Day, whether it’s a specific area of campus you wish to support or want to give to the Newman Fund. To support Giving Day 2022, click HERE.
The following is a list of areas that can be supported on Giving Day 2022.
Funds institutional student aid and supports student programs and services.
The Newman University Athletics Fund directly benefits Newman student-athletes and dedicated coaches, providing players the full Newman experience in NCAA DII – MIAA competition as well as in the classroom and in the community. Donations will continue to help build a better student-athlete experience through facilities, training and educational experience.
Fine Arts Fund
Supports fine arts students through enriching the student experience in music and theatrical productions and performances as well as the senior exhibit at Steckline Art Gallery while increasing exposure of Newman University fine arts to the community.
Student Affairs Fund
Supports all student life activities including the recently created Jets Resource Hub, an on-campus food pantry for students in need; the Student Emergency Fund, which provides students with a one-time grant to assist with any unforeseen emergencies; and diversity programming and scholarships.
Campus Ministry Fund
Campus Ministry exists to serve the entire Newman University community including graduate students, students of different faith traditions, faculty and staff. It serves the Newman community through fellowship, service, sacramental life and faith formation.
Supporters can choose to give to one of Newman’s five academic schools.